2.25.2011

How IKAT material is made..



Earlier today I created a post about a pillow I discovered with an interesting print. I wanted to know a little bit more about how it was made hence posting this video. However, I don't know whether my hormones are playing games with me again but my interest in how the fabric was made immediately diverted to wondering how many callouses are on those skilled women's fingers, how long do they work everyday, how much material is produced by doing this by hand but more importantnly how much do they get paid and how much profit is made. You know we purchase items and don't really think of how much goes into creating it. We think when we spend a lot on our purchase it's because much time and energy was put into creating it other than it being great quality but here is the debate. Do we spend a lot so that those women get paid more? hmmmm.

No comments: